| I was twinning with Bob the Minion! |
The only sad part about Katie's birthday was that she didn't get to spend it with her family. Everyone was so busy during the week that they didn't get to see each other until Saturday! So after Preview Day and the Serving Table and helping Katie's Brother fill out scholarship applications, I went with Katie's family to Cracker Barrel for her birthday dinner and presents. I don't get to go to real restaurants very often, so I was really excited. I promised Katie that I would be on my "beary best" behavior, though.
We ate dinner (I had salmon patties!), and it was yummy, but my favorite thing about Cracker Barrel is all the fun games you can play!
Katie taught me how to play this game (it's just called the peg board game) where you have to jump all the other pegs on the board and only leave one! If you leave one, you're a genius. If you leave two, you're pretty smart. If you leave three, you're just plain dumb, and if you leave four or more, you're "eg-no-ra-moose"--whatever that means. (The game told Katie that she was dumb, and I thought that was pretty funny!!)
After dinner, I got to play checkers on the porch (Katie won, because I've never played checkers before), and they even had a Trash Bear-sized rocking chair for me!
I had so much fun celebrating with Katie and her family last night! Even though I don't know when my birthday is, I know that birthdays are special. It's a day for your friends and family to celebrate you and how happy they are that they get to know you. That's the kind of thing that should be celebrated every day, but especially on birthdays! You know, because it's the day your whole life started! If you didn't have a birthday, the world wouldn't have you, and that would be sad. So I hope all of you have great birthdays whenever they come, because my life would be sad without all of you, too!
~Trash Bear (and Katie)~
No comments:
Post a Comment